Student Success Programs
The Role of the Parent
How to Help Your Student Succeed
We know balancing the demands of school life, home responsibilities, and jobs is challenging. That's why at Insight School of Michigan (ISMI) we partner with students and their families, and strongly encourage parents to be involved in their child's learning.
We do our part at ISMI by making it easier to plan coursework so school can fit into your family's real-world schedule, which may include non-school activities such as part-time work, sports, volunteer activities, or family needs.
But we also encourage students to develop responsibility for their academic progress. That means there are assignments with due dates and deadlines. While some of what we do is more flexible, as in the times and places students can do their work, we also make sure parents, teachers, and counselors are involved to help students progress through their coursework in a timely manner.
Your Involvement Means So Much
Whether a student is doing well or struggling to catch up, we've seen how parental involvement is key to academic success. Supporting your student's studies, keeping informed of their progress, and encouraging them to stay on top of their work means so much to their future opportunities.
To help you support your student, ISMI provides:
- Our Student Support Services Team dedicated to connecting you to resources your family may need.
- Parent login credentials so you can check any time on your student's lessons, activities, course schedule, and grades.
- Access to up-to-date information about your student's progress via regular communication from the teacher and school.
- A dedicated counselor who works with you and your student to foster success in the online learning environment.
- Parent and student access to our teachers and counselor so everyone together can see the progress that's being made.